Articles and Thoughts
I write my thoughts on different topics. Most of the articles are about software development. But there are few general articles also.
Using data from Election Commision's site, I made a treemap visualization of results of 2009 general elections of India. This representation gives an overview of elections results across states, coalitions and parties compared to results of 2004 elections.
Articles (Software development)
In past I used these ideas/thoughts (pdfs) to educate new team members in my project groups. I think these articles are useful to wider audience.
- Nitin's Thumbrules on Common Sense Software Development (Presentation-PDF)
- Characteristics of Good Developers (Presentation-PDF)
- Comparision of Version Control Software (VSS, CVS and SVN)
- Book Recommendations for C/C++
- Book Recommendations for Software Developers
- Code Analysis and Visualization Tools
- Must Read Articles for a Software Developer
Few years back, I learned the Mindmaping technique from Tony Buzan's Mindmap Book. Now I am regular user of Mindmaps. Below are few Mindmaps that I created.